SAS Mini Selection 11th 12th 13th September

Ξεκίνησε από alex3para, 09 Ιουλ 2010, 17:25:33 ΜΜ

« προηγούμενο - επόμενο »

White Feather

I am a new guy and still in the process of acquiring the necessary equipment, weapons, etc (that's one of the main reasons I signed up in the forum; to make sure I have the best information and advice available before I spend a single dime) and as a result, although I would absolutely LOVE to join, I cannot.  :'( What I want to know though is this: are there any plans to make this an annual event? That way new guys like myself would be able to participate and everyone else would have the opportunity to take a refresher course or take courses in other subjects for which the successful graduation from the Mini Selection would be a prerequisite. Just an idea... Thank you.

alex3para

The SAS Mini Selection will take start on Friday the 10th of September and finish on Sunday the 12th of September.

skotostras

pfft....
it was the first thing that popd up in my mind from the time i saw the thread title xD

alex3para

During the SAS Mini Selection the use of GPS or any type of navigation equipment is strongly prohibited.

Your kit will be checked and weighed.

fmfOdin

So navigation is based only on map and compass.

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"

kermit

Παράθεση από: alex3para στις  23 Ιουλ 2010, 09:58:53 ΠΜ
You are gonna need to bring your own food ie food that can be eaten on the move. You should also bring chocolate and some jelly babies.

You should carry a min of 2Lts of water, they will be refiled for you through the course.

What about energy/protein bars?
While you dream.I act.While you look for unknown,I set the known.While you are getting scared,I create terror.While you question,I disavow.While you imagine,I manipulate.While you are sleeping,I hypnotize you.While you travel.I play in my field

alex3para

Them as well, don't forget that chocolate is full of energy.

queef

Παράθεση από: alex3para στις  09 Ιουλ 2010, 17:25:33 ΜΜ
You will be given the 24hour rations that the British forces are issued

Will you supply the rations or not?Do yo want us to bring only what can be eaten on the move or 3day rations?
Also,the total weight of 25kg should be worn on the backback only?Can somebody wear i.e. full alice gear and the backback,dividing the gear in different pouches?

alex3para

Ok we cant supply rations due to the weight and size of the boxes to come from UK.

You will bring food for 3 days that can be eaten hot or cold. You will bring means of making tea and/or coffee, use your loafs guys about what you will need to have for operations in hot weather doing exercise. You can wear what you want full body armour if you want but your Bergen's must weigh 25KG not counting food and water. Your weapon weight is not counted in that weight.

alex3para

The reason we won't post the location is because we don't want recruits scouting the selection route, also think about it, how many different types of terrain do you have 50kms from athens? Thoughts why we said good boots and change of clothes and the rest of kit list will get you through the course.
The course is a selection ie are you good enough to join the regiment???
Please guys do some research, be prepared to PASS the course. Remember
Admin Is King!

ΕΚΔΡΟΜΟΣ

Παράθεση από: alex3para στις  23 Ιουλ 2010, 13:53:34 ΜΜ
Them as well, don't forget that chocolate is full of energy.

Μια συμβουλη, εαν την θελετε.
καλη η σοκολατα αλλα για τον χειμωνα.
οχι για τα  θερμα κλιματα, θα ψαχνετε για νερο γιατι θα σας λιγοση.
παρτε ηλεκτρολιτες απο το φαρμακειο, η ισοσταρ σε σκονη, γενικα οσο πιο πολλα σε υγρη μορφη μονο.
τροφη οχι αλμυρα, οχι φαγητα δυσκολοχωνεφτα, κατι που να τρωγετε γρηγορα μια κ ο χρονος ειναι εχθρος.

Οπιως θελει συμβουλες- οδηγιες ας στειλει πμ.
εαν ενοχλει το μυνημα να διαγραφει απο τον σερβερ.  

kermit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've sent this to Alex via PM on Sunday but he hasn't replied to me yet, so I thought this maybe will be easier for him to see.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Alex

My name is Hades_Kermit and I am writing you on behalf of all my teammates that have expressed and registered interest in participating to the "SAS Mini selection".

My teammates and I wish to express our concern due to a number of reasons:

1) The food provisions. Initially it was advertised that each participant would receive 3 days' worth of rations. That changed due to whatever reason, with the price however remaining the same.

2) Vagueness. There is a difference between vague cool and vague to be vague. In similar events around the world with instructors of the same caliber, participants have been given far more details as to the flow of the event and gear requirements.

While for example you have given us a kit list, there is no word on:

1) terrain conditions
2) distance to be covered
3) will there be time requirements
4) how often will the water supply be replenished, will it be a given, will it be conditional ( eg based on you make it to RV on time)
5) what will be the weapons function like, will it be just a showpiece or we will need them to "defend" ourselves, if so how will the weapons be calibrated, FPS's, bb weight, magazine capacity, number of mags?
6) Communications, will our two ways be enough? Do I need to break out AN-PRC 148's or something?
7) Will we be travelling during the night? If so do we need to take active safety measures for night navigation ?  Reflective tapes, ir patches, cat eyes, low visibility bino's , NVG's?
8) Will there be a qualified medic on scene?
9) Can we bring our cellphones? How's the signal coverage over there?
10) Will there be a security briefing?
11) Do we need camping gear? Maps.
12) Will you provide us with area maps? If so will they be civil, topographical, mobility what?
13) Compasses are we restricted to button size, can we bring our own?

These questions are just an example of what crosses our mind right now, and most of them involve safety in one way or another.

Personally I have 15 years of operational experience many of my guys also are active military, and these questions are a byproduct of that experience.

Awaiting your reply

While you dream.I act.While you look for unknown,I set the known.While you are getting scared,I create terror.While you question,I disavow.While you imagine,I manipulate.While you are sleeping,I hypnotize you.While you travel.I play in my field

SAPPER

Το νήμα ξεκλειδώθηκε και θα παρακαλέσω οργανωτικές ερωτήσεις κατευθείαν σε εμένα με pm.

Στο παρόν νήμα γράψτε την συμμετοχή σας και απλά περάστε μετά από το  για να επιβεβαιώσετε την συμμετοχή δίνοντας μου για να δώσω στον alex το αντίτιμο που ζητά.
Με αυτόν τον τρόπο εξασφαλίζετε την συμμετοχή σας και θα αποφευχθούν ακυρώσεις της τελευταίας στιγμής.

Οι συμμετοχές μπορεί να περιοριστούν σε συγκεκριμένο αριθμό ατόμων.

Στο αρχικό post του Alex θα βάζω με edit όσους έχουν τακτοποιήσει την συμμετοχή τους.

WARNING
τα Off topic και το Spamming θα σβήνετε χωρίς προειδοποίηση, οι χρήστες που θα το κάνουν εσκεμμένα για να δημιουργήσουν εντυπώσεις η Flame θα δέχονται τις κυρώσεις.

alex3para

The money for the event will be collected by SAPPER of Ghost Recon. If you do not know him don't worry we trust him completely.

fmfOdin

Ποτε θα ξερουμε το πως μπορουμε εμεις απο την επαρχεια να συμετασχουμε στο event?

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"

SAPPER

Παράθεση από: fmfOdin στις  01 Αυγ 2010, 22:43:16 ΜΜ
Ποτε θα ξερουμε το πως μπορουμε εμεις απο την επαρχεια να συμετασχουμε στο event?
Έχεις pm.

fmfOdin

SAPPER

Παρακάτω απαντώ στις ερωτήσεις του Kermit που πιθανώς θα εκφράζουν απορίες και άλλων υποψηφίων έτσι ώστε να ελαττωθούν οι απορίες που δεχόμαστε με pm.
Θα υπάρξει και άλλη ενημέρωση.

Παράθεση από: kermit στις  27 Ιουλ 2010, 16:57:58 ΜΜ
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've sent this to Alex via PM on Sunday but he hasn't replied to me yet, so I thought this maybe will be easier for him to see.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Alex

My name is Hades_Kermit and I am writing you on behalf of all my teammates that have expressed and registered interest in participating to the "SAS Mini selection".

My teammates and I wish to express our concern due to a number of reasons:

1) The food provisions. Initially it was advertised that each participant would receive 3 days' worth of rations. That changed due to whatever reason, with the price however remaining the same.

2) Vagueness. There is a difference between vague cool and vague to be vague. In similar events around the world with instructors of the same caliber, participants have been given far more details as to the flow of the event and gear requirements.

1) Η τιμή θα παραμείνει ίδια, καθώς είναι ήδη εξαιρετικά χαμηλή για ένα σεμινάριο αυτού του επιπέδου.

2) Ως στρατιωτικός ασφαλώς γνωρίζεις ότι η έκταση των παρεχομένων πληροφοριών καθορίζεται από τους επικεφαλής.
    Οι πληροφορίες που έχουν δημοσιευθεί παραπάνω από τον Alex3para είναι οι απαραίτητες για κάθε υποψήφιο.

Παράθεση από: kermit στις  27 Ιουλ 2010, 16:57:58 ΜΜ
While for example you have given us a kit list, there is no word on:

1) terrain conditions
2) distance to be covered
3) will there be time requirements
4) how often will the water supply be replenished, will it be a given, will it be conditional ( eg based on you make it to RV on time)
5) what will be the weapons function like, will it be just a showpiece or we will need them to "defend" ourselves, if so how will the weapons be calibrated, FPS's, bb weight, magazine capacity, number of mags?
6) Communications, will our two ways be enough? Do I need to break out AN-PRC 148's or something?
7) Will we be travelling during the night? If so do we need to take active safety measures for night navigation ?  Reflective tapes, ir patches, cat eyes, low visibility bino's , NVG's?
8 ) Will there be a qualified medic on scene?
9) Can we bring our cellphones? How's the signal coverage over there?
10) Will there be a security briefing?
11) Do we need camping gear? Maps.
12) Will you provide us with area maps? If so will they be civil, topographical, mobility what?
13) Compasses are we restricted to button size, can we bring our own?

These questions are just an example of what crosses our mind right now, and most of them involve safety in one way or another.

Personally I have 15 years of operational experience many of my guys also are active military, and these questions are a byproduct of that experience.

1)    Έχει απαντηθεί.
2)    Δεν είναι ανακοινώσιμο τόσο στο πλήρες όσο και στο mini S.A.S selection course.
3)    Έχει απαντηθεί.
4)    Έχει απαντηθεί.
5)    Έχει απαντηθεί.
6)    Έχει απαντηθεί.
7)    Θα γίνουν κινήσεις κατά τη νύχτα και ΔΕΝ προβλέπεται χρήση συσκευών NVG, ηλεκτρονικών βοηθημάτων προσανατολισμού (GPS), οπτικών βοηθημάτων, IR patches, cateye straps και των άλλων υλικών που αναφέρεις.
8 )   Έχει απαντηθεί.
9)    Έχει απαντηθεί.
10)  Θετικό.
11)  Έχει απαντηθεί.
12)  Έχει απαντηθεί.
13)  Έχει απαντηθεί.

SAPPER

Οι υποψήφιοι που ενδιαφέρονται για κάποια από τα παρακάτω είδη, μπορούν να τα παραγγείλουν στις αναγραφόμενες τιμές. Θα τα φέρει ο Alex3Para από την Αγγλία, ερχόμενος στην Ελλάδα για το SAS Mini Selection Course.

Οι ενδιαφερόμενοι παρακαλούνται να προσέρχονται στο κατάστημα airsoftcenter για την υποβολή και προεξόφληση των παραγγελιών τους.

ΤΙΜΟΚΑΤΑΛΟΓΟΣ ΕΙΔΩΝ

Χιτώνιο DPM, woodland ή desert, grade 1                                                 20GBP
  Παντελόνι DPM, woodland ή desert, grade 1                                             20GBP
  Τζάκετ DPM woodland (SAS smock), grade 1                                             60GBP
  Άρβιλα lowa, καινούρια                                                                             145GBP
  Μπέργκεν, grade 1                                                                                      50GBP
  Πυξίδα silva, καινούρια                                                                               25GBP
  Επιχειρησιακή ζώνη special forces καινούρια                                            140GBP
  Υδροδοχείο πλάτης (camelback) special forces καινούριο                           70GBP
  Καπέλο bush, special forces, χειροποίητο                                                   15GBP

Αν ενδιαφέρεστε για άλλα είδη, μη διστάσετε να με ρωτήσετε με PM. Όλες οι τιμές είναι σε λίρες Αγγλίας (GBP) και θα μετατρέπονται σε EURO με την τρέχουσα ισοτιμία κατά την ώρα υποβολής της παραγγελίας.

Με τις παραγγελίες σας, παρακαλείσθε να καθορίζετε και τα μεγέθη (sizes) για τα είδη που έχουν μεγέθη.

Με εκτίμηση,

SAPPER

G.P.S.

SAPPER αν μπορεις\βρεις το χρονο, βαλε & καμια φωτο. ;)